A brief Aside

In my interesting reading links I have listed blog websites that I (omg) find interesting. I do not and probably will not agree with everything said on their blogs but I value their opinions and perspectives.

Jazzy

 

Reader Comments

As a black woman, I feel the need to keep it real at all times. I don't understand why so many people act differently with different sets of people. If you are a person that wants to be taken at face value then you should be able to say what you need to who you need to regardless of race and cultural background. I thought the comment of regression in private in relation to your husband was interesting. It signifies the fact that when blacks are in their comfort zone or with other blacks they act as they did in the environment of their youth; that which shaped and formed the core of them. So to me to be ghetto or not, is apart of a person, but why do so many of us hide it from others or act like it's not apart of our upbringing? The cultural in which you were raised be it based on spiritually, linguistics, etc is something no one can escape and to do so I think is self deprivation.

Anon

'If you are a person that wants to be taken at face value then you should be able to say what you need to who you need to regardless of race and cultural background.'

Unfortunately this is not the case, and I would never dream of being as carefree as I am with my husband, friends and family as I would be in mixed company. Whether or not you believe that people should conform, the fact of the matter is we all conform at some point. Thanks for you comments I may actually dedicate a future blog post to self deprivation theory.



Welcome to Glued Ideas Subtle For Blogger

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Take a second to peak around and check out some of my previous posts. Of course, I would love to find out what you think as well, so make sure to comment. See you around!

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum