The disease and consequence of mental health never struck me as an issue of paramount concern. I always assumed that everyone had a crazy uncle Pete, right, or was that just my family. Mental illnesses are often diseases sheltered and closeted away from public view. Historical attitudes towards mental health have fluctuated greatly among different societies and cultures. Mental health is a disease felt strongly across economic boundaries, it affects the rich and the poor alike. However, mental health treatments, diagnoses, and care often differ between these groups.
Depression and other clinical mental disorders are rapidly affecting the lives of millions across the globe. Mental health threatens the core and foundations of every society, because it jeopardizes family stability and the ability of people to make sound cognitive judgments.
My Blog List
- ► 2009 (74)
- What Happened
- Thank you Bushy and DyckHead Cheney
- Move over Cliff and Clare Huxtable
- The Economic Influence upon Human Life
- For those that forgot
- Mental Health
- Sustainable Living or Dire Consequences
- Texting Privileges Revoked! Effective Immediately
- Do Black women deserved to be known as Strong and ...
- Don’t Fall for the Okie Doke
- ▼ May (12)