Damn Obama, you got this one wrong from jump.

I love me some Obama and I want to him to succeed with all my heart. However, his stance on torture and the release of the Bush administrations memos on waterboarding is wrong. There will come a time in Obama's administration when tactics that require harsh interrogation will be needed and he will use them. What I don't like is Obama's no tolerance stance on torture. I think it only sets his administration up for a horrible black eye when they have to take advantage of harsh interrogation practices.

Currently, Obama is trying to block the release of detainee photos because of safety concerns for military personnel. I don't think the same consideration was given to the image and safety of all Americans with the release of the Bush adminstration use of waterboarding.

 

Reader Comments

I suspect that the pushback that he and congressional dems are getting from the CIA have a lot more to do with it than anything. He's already made an enemy of the CIA, and this would rope the Army into the "opposition" camp for him (and they aren't predisposed towards him to start with.)

On the other hand, I really don't give a shit how he gets to the right answer, as long as he gets there, and it looks like he got there this time.

Obama is turning out to be the BFF Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bybee, Wolfowitz and Rice need in order to stay out of prison.

It's a shame, really.

I had higher hopes for Obama.

Hi. I found you through Ashley's (Go) blog. I noticed that you live in Dallas and I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions. I am relocating to the area and I don't know anyone. My email is
alh2006@gmail.com

Thanks.



Welcome to Glued Ideas Subtle For Blogger

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Take a second to peak around and check out some of my previous posts. Of course, I would love to find out what you think as well, so make sure to comment. See you around!

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum