Is It Just Me?



Is it just me or does the fact that Rashida Jones only takes roles in which you find yourself questioning is she supposed to be white, slightly bothersome. I liked "I Love You Man" it was a good laugh. What I found odd was the complete absence of anything remotely ethnic when Rashida was on screen. I find myself wondering if this is a real life remake of Imitation of Life. Does anyone else feel this way or am I reaching?

 

Reader Comments

ha....and the irony of it all is her first name can't be more ethnic and her dad has clearly made his preference in women clear. The only thing that makes me pause is the fact that she dated Pac...but then again who didn't?

Hmmm...hadn't really noticed..sorry!

Go.

She's a rich nerdy girl who grew up with a Jewish mother in Sherman Oaks. How exactly is she supposed to act?

@ anon lol at the pac tidbit


@ Ash its no big deal I just find it odd

@ Phelps this is not so much about how she is supposed to act but her choice of roles which are clearly devoid of race. In I love you man during the wedding scene her parents were absent. I am not saying she has to act a certain way but she is biracial I expect to see at least a biracial role.

I'm not really familiar with her work onscreen so I will have to check out the movie you mentioned.

Speaking of Imitation of Life, it is the 50th anniversary of this seminal film. I just purchased a double DVD set that containd both the 1959 and 1934 versions of the film. It is a film that is still relevent in many ways to this day.

Lol, I thought I was the only one who noticed this.

If the producers were too sissified to put an interracial couple as her parents they could have at least made the parents light-skinned African-Americans or Hispanic. Geez.

Oh, and Rashida didn't date Tupac, that was her sister.



Welcome to Glued Ideas Subtle For Blogger

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Take a second to peak around and check out some of my previous posts. Of course, I would love to find out what you think as well, so make sure to comment. See you around!

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum