Courtesy of Jack and Jill Politics and LMAH
The New Yorker a liberal magazine has decided to grace their cover with what we can only hope will be the future President and First Lady of the United States, to discuss the politics of fear. So what better way to demonstrate the politics of fear than to make rude and crude caricatures of every negative stereotype circling the Obamas.
So let’s lists all of the negative stereotypes:
1. Michelle with oversized lips
2. Michelle with Afro hair last time I looked she was silky fine. I am not hating on natural hair I wear my hair naturally
3. Michelle pictured as a black militant
4. Michelle with an attitude
1. Let’s begin with the obvious he is wearing traditional Muslim garb
2. He is wearing sandals
3. A picture of Osama Bin Laden over the fire place
4. The American flag burning
These images should not only be offensive to Black Americans but to all Americans. This image represents and reinforces every negative image and stereotypes regarding Black Americans, Muslim Americans and how Americans view people of color.
My Blog List
- ► 2009 (74)
- Should HIV/AIDS be viewed as a Chronic Illness?
- CNN Black in America
- The Great American Equalizer
- Why Lie?
- Which Should Come First?
- Please Welcome Mr. Man
- Black Athletes and the Media
- Is it a pea, bean or legume?
- Satire Be Damned
- Race in America
- Mental Recession
- Men I Probably Should Not Be Attracted To
- Freedom to Fascism
- The Straw That Broke The Camel’s Back
- ▼ July (14)