Oh damn. I look at my nieces and nephews as black. I have never said that to them but I definitely view them as black kids. I think that is mainly because they spend most of their time with our side of the family. This clip came out of left field for me. My lovely and wonderful niece asked my mom a week ago what color was she. My mom asked her what color would you like for me to be, my niece said blue. My mother's reply was well then I'm blue.
My mom let us find out about race at school she never brought it up until then. I think this is a mistake and obviously someone is speaking to niece about it. We, meaning the adults in our family might need to have a talk about what discussion to have with the kids and when.
My Blog List
- I'm in need of a pick me up
- Loc Envy
- The most embarrassing day of my life.
- Bi-racial ...Not Black Damn It
- Little Girls Need Their Father’s As Well
- Vick Should Play & Lurie Can Suck It!
- Socialism vs. Free enterprise: The health debate
- H/T to my girl Siditty. Disgusting! I want to v...
- Good Hair
- What gives?
- ▼ August (10)