Let me reintroduce myself: My name is Michelle Obama


Caroline Kennedy’s introduction of her Uncle, Ted Kennedy, was an excellent prelude to the dynamic speeches to follow for the remainder of the evening. America has at times a morbid fascination and genuine fascination with the Kennedy family. I remember when JFK Jr. died, that was the beginning of my sophomore year in college, and I was truly saddened and felt that the world had lost a genuine light. When Ted Kennedy took the stage last night and gave his speech whether you like the man or not you had to respect his tenacity and his ability to delivery with temerity a rousing opening for the DNC.

Then the star of the show Michelle Obama took center stage. I am always impressed with her whenever she speaks. I have never felt that she was cold or unfeeling Michelle exudes confidence and strength. If there was ever any doubt to her or Barack’s commitment to this country hopefully those foolish thoughts have been laid to rest. Below are pieces of Michelle’s electrifying speech.

"And you know, what struck me when I first met Barack was that even though he had this funny name, even though he'd grown up all the way across the continent in Hawaii, his family was so much like mine."

"And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and to pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children -- and all children in this nation -- to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them."

"And Barack stood up that day, and spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about "The world as it is" and "The world as it should be." And he said that all too often, we accept the distance between the two, and we settle for the world as it is -- even when it doesn't reflect our values and aspirations. But he reminded us that we also know what our world should look like. He said we know what fairness and justice and opportunity look like. And he urged us to believe in ourselves -- to find the strength within ourselves to strive for the world as it should be. And isn't that the great American story?"

The story of the Obama’s is definitely a story that is only capable in the United States it is one of perseverance and respect. Their evident love for one another and their family commitment are added bonuses that this country would do well to have as our head leadership.

 

Reader Comments

I couldn't figure out what person looked at a Kennedy tribute that centered around water and how good a swimmer Teddy was. I about fell out when I heard someone say, "he's like the Pied Piper of the family." I just kept thinking, "has anyone in the DNC actually heard that story?"

Also, I think the "funny name" meme has fallen flat, and if she uses it enough that it looks like a talking point, it will backfire.

I think that the speech Jesse Jackson Jr. gave was a mistake too. He started out good and then flubbed it at the end when I realized that he wasn't talking to anyone who looks like me.

Phelps- 1) you are a lost cause to the cause (tongue in cheek) 2) you must be delusional about your comment regarding Jesse Jr.’s speech. How often are republican speeches centered on all inclusive themes? Please, this group of people you constantly defend constantly belittles and offends and separates itself from differing groups of people. Talk about double standards



Welcome to Glued Ideas Subtle For Blogger

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Take a second to peak around and check out some of my previous posts. Of course, I would love to find out what you think as well, so make sure to comment. See you around!

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum

Recent Comments