Bernard Madoff was arrested for "allegedly running a $50 billion "Ponzi scheme" in what may rank among the biggest fraud cases ever." The fallout of Bernard Madoff's scheme almost crippled The Innocence Project of Texas. The Innocence Project has freed more than 20 individuals in 2008 through DNA evidence from wrongful convictions. Their investment with Bernard Madoff almost cost them $400,000 in operating money, but the company was informed that they would be able to keep the money they had received to date. The Project believes they have enough money to complete all DNA testing underway so far however, if funds are to fall short they will seek help through the private sector. If you would like to learn more about the Innocence Project of Texas or how you can donate please visit here.
My Blog List
- ► 2009 (74)
- What to expect from Because I Said So in 2009
- Happy New Year!
- Bernard Madoff and his Texas Connection
- Merry Christmas!
- Let Colorism Die!
- The Beauty of Natural Hair
- Wow! I bet Bush can not wait until January
- Is the Military doing enough?
- Illinois Governor Taken into Custody: What does th...
- Will Obama Attend the People's Ball
- Loc Update One month
- A Tribute to Lauryn Hill
- World AIDS Day
- ▼ December (13)