Yeah February finally! I am looking forward to the topics of love and relationships this month. I have said before black love is often hidden from the mainstream while, the ignorant thug loving ideal is rampant across mainstream. Real love is present and I want to talk about what works what does not and why thug love (that just sounds ridiculous) is perceived as the prevalent type of relationships of in the black community (thanks BET). I will also discuss images of black couples/relationships in the media and the message they represent. I really want to focus on how to make relationships better and talk about some of the problems while trying to discuss possible solutions. I will be adding a wall of Fabulous couples and (hopefully I can convince Mr. Man to let me post his pic) along with some random commentary about how they made the cut.
I hope to have a post up by the end of the day but it is Super Bowl Sunday so that may or may not happen. Stay tuned.
My Blog List
- It’s Still Trickin if You Got It.
- That Thing
- Shacking, why do we do it?
- Fly Girl: Thread Earrings
- Off Topic: After the Show its the After Party- Get...
- Happy Faux Holiday!
- Why are more White Women Married than Black Women ...
- Why are more White Women Married than Black Women?...
- Off Topic: Bathroom Redecoration
- Anonymous shares her story.
- Barack and Michelle Obama
- The Flip Side of Miss Independent
- Bye-Bye Miss Independent
- Sex vs. Intimacy
- Black Love and Relationships in the Month February...
- ▼ February (16)